To unlock and restore your local data, please enter your old Chromebook password.
If you know your old password type it in and select Next. You will use your updated password to log next time.
Otherwise click "Forgot your old password" and "Proceed anyway" to DELETE and reload your profile. This happens when you previously logged into the chromebook and changed your password. You should use google drive to store all your files and not the downloads folder. Using the downloads folder and wiping the profile will delete that information forever.
Update Chrome Browser
How to Update your Chromebook
1. Click in the area near the clock.
2. Click on the settings “gear” icon.
3. Click on the three lines labeled “Settings” on the upper right hand side.
4. On the lower left hand side select“About Chrome OS”.
5. Select the “Check for updates” button.
6. If your device is out of date you will see “Updating your device” as shown below.
7. Once the device has updated you will see “Your Chromebook is up to date”.
8. Congratulations, your Chromebook is updated!
Log in with RUSD Google Account
If your student is not using a Clever Badge, they can still log into their Chromebooks by typing in their Google email address and password.
Students should experience the following login flow when they want to login with Google.
1. They will have the option to choose "Sign in with a different account" or the blue "NEXT" button. They should select "Sign in with a different account".
2. Once they select the "Sign in with a different account", they will be prompted by Google to enter their Google email and password.
Once they enter their credentials and hit "NEXT", they will be signed into their Chromebooks!
Log in with Clever Badge
Your teacher should send you your student's Clever Badge. If you haven't received it, please contact them.
Students who are using Badges will go through the following login flow:
1. They will have the option to choose "Sign in with a different account" or the blue "NEXT" button. They should select "NEXT".
2. Once they select the "NEXT" button, the badge screen will appear:
They should then be able to scan their badge, see a green checkmark.
Once students see the green checkmark, the Clever loading page will appear and the student will be signed into the Chromebook!
Connecting to WiFi
1) Power on the Chromebook and select your wireless network on the first screen.
2) Enter in your WIFI password and select connect.