Information on Work Permits

  • In order to be eligible to get a work permit students must

    • Be enrolled at a high school
    • Must attend school regularly
    • May not be suspended or expelled

    If these conditions are met then please do the following:

    1. Download and  complete a “Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor and Request for a Work Permit (CDE Form B1-1)
    2. The following needs to be included on the Statement of Intent to employ a minor form:
    • The student’s name, address, phone number, birth date and social security number
    • The employer’s business name, address, phone number, and supervisor’s name
    • The type of work the student will be expected to work for the employer
    • The maximum number of hours per day and per week the student will be expected to work for the employer
    • The student’s signature, parent’s signature and the employer’s signature are on the form. The work permit CANNOT be processed if there is no employer signature
    1. After you have completed the form, then either scan the completed form or take a picture of the form and email  it to the contact person listed below from the high school you attend:
    • Carter High School- Contact: Ashantee Zamora-Erickson, email address:
    • Eisenhower High School- Contact: Adrianna Avila email address:
    • Rialto High School : Serena Hines, email address:
    • Milor/Zupanic: Jennifer Sowell, email address: jsowell
    1.   The person issuing the work permit will email/ call you when it is completed.  The student applying needs to come in to pick up the work permit as a student signature is needed. If you are renewing a work permit please do not wait until the last minute to renew.