Reopening Plan, Fall 2021-2022
RUSD to welcome back students in person for Fall 2021
The Rialto Unified School District is very excited to open its doors for traditional school in the Fall 2021! RUSD staff has been working diligently to make the transition to our Fall 2021 school reopening as safe and simple as possible. We can’t wait to welcome you back!
Please read a letter for RUSD Families on reopening and view our Fall 2021-2022 Reopening Video below for more information on our plan for a safe reopening.
Reopening: Instructional & Operational Plan
The Rialto Unified School District is prepared to reopen for the 2021-2022 School Year. You can view our Reopening: Instructional & Operational Plan here.
The plan covers:
• Information on COVID-19 safety protocols
• Precautionary measures for schools
• Safety guidelines for students and staff
District Measures for COVID-19
The Rialto Unified School District has been working to be prepared for the reopening of schools. Safety measures include:
- All staff, students, and visitors on campus must wear a face covering in order to enter the school site facilities unless wearing a face covering poses a health risk to that individual.
- Classrooms are configured for up to 3 feet of distance for student desks and 6 feet of distance for teacher desks, when possible.
- Increased quality of filters in HVAC system (from MERV 8 to MERV 13 — hospital grade)
- Air purifiers are provided in each classroom and main office.
- Visitors will be limited to the front office for business needs or for meetings that are determined to be held in person and must follow District protocols.
- Frequent disinfecting of workstations and high traffic areas
- Temperature checks for all staff and students prior to entry through the use of handheld thermometers and scanners.
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) available for students and staff: masks, face shields, hand sanitizer, disinfectant spray, and gloves.
- Portable handwashing stations available to promote frequent hand washing