We invite you ...
Parents/guardians and community members are welcomed and encouraged to attend regular meetings of the Rialto Unified School District Board of Education. The Board of Education generally meets on the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month, publicly, at 7:00 p.m. Closed session for the Board of Education begins between 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. depending on agenda items.
Occasionally, a regular meeting will be changed or a Special Meeting may be called. In all cases, advance notice is given for the General Public to speak to any item either on or off the agenda. Any speakers wishing to speak can complete a simple yellow slip by 6:45 p.m.
2022-2023 School Year Schedule
Wednesday, July 13, 2022
Wednesday, August 10, 2022
Wednesday, August 24, 2022
Wednesday, September 7, 2022
Wednesday, September 21, 2022
Wednesday, October 5, 2022
Wednesday, October 19, 2022
Wednesday, November 16, 2022
Wednesday, December 14, 2022
Wednesday, January 11, 2023
Wednesday, January 25, 2023
Wednesday, February 8, 2023
Wednesday, February 22, 2023
Wednesday, March 8, 2023
Wednesday, March 22, 2023
Wednesday, April 5, 2023
Wednesday, April 19, 2023
Wednesday, May 10, 2023
Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Wednesday, June 7, 2023
Wednesday, June 21, 2023
Important Public Notice
Please note: The Rialto Unified School District Board of Education is pleased to conduct limited in-person meetings. Only members of the public wishing to address the Board of Education should be present. Once a member of the public has addressed the Board of Education at the School Board Meeting, he/she will be required to exit the building to ensure public safety. Thank you for your cooperation as the District continues to follow COVID-19 safety protocols per the California Department of Public Health (CDPH). For those who wish to view the meeting from home, please visit our District website at www.rialto.k12.ca.us. The meetings are available to the public via YouTube stream. • To access the Board Meeting via live-stream, go to “Our Board”, scroll down to “Board Meeting Videos” and click play. You may also access the live stream by clicking here.• The agenda may be accessed on our website by also going to “Our Board” and scrolling down to “Agendas and Minutes.” You may also access the agenda by clicking here.• To make public comments, please arrive before the start of open session at 7 p.m. to allow time for you to submit your public comment request. Remember that comments are limited to three minutes on each item on or off the agenda. Public comments will be made while adhering to all COVID-19 protocols (Please see below).• If you have questions, please contact Martha Degortari, Executive Administrative Agent, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 1 (909) 820-7700 ext. 2124.
• To access the Spanish version of the Board meeting, please use the link provided here.
COVID-19 Board Meeting Protocols
Thank you for attending the Rialto Unified School District Board of Education Meeting. Please be advised, that in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the following safety measures have been put in place:
- Board Room Seating: Board Room seating will have limited capacity to accommodate social distancing.
- Addressing the Board of Education: Members of the public in attendance will be seated in the West Wing until called to address the Board of Education. At the conclusion of the comment, please exit the premises through the front entrance to ensure public safety.
- Podium Mic Sanitizing: The podium and microphone in the Board Room will be disinfected after each person speaks.
- Interacting with Others: Please use common courtesy and follow all health and safety protocols.
When you arrive at the Dr. John R. Kazalunas Education Center (KEC), a District staff member will review a brief health questionnaire with you. The steps below will apply to all members of the public who are here for the Public Comment section.
- Please enter through the main door located at the front of the Kazalunas Education Center (182 East Walnut Ave., Rialto)
- Please complete a brief verbal health questionnaire with District staff
- Complete the "Request to Address the Board of Education" form
- You will then be directed to wait in the West Wing, located just west of the Board of Education room, until it is time for public comments.
- At that time you will be directed to come into the Board Room, where seats will be available. When called, please approach the podium to make comments. Please remember there is a three (3) minute limit for comments.
While the Board of Education appreciates your presence, comments, and participation during Public Comments, we are unable to extend an opportunity for you to remain in the Board Room after your comments due to space limitations related to COVID-19.