2023 RUSD COVID-19 Updates
COVID-19 Guidelines for Student Safety - August 2022
Please click here to view the COVID-19 Guidelines for Student Safety (updated August 2022). The intent of this document is to provide you with a better understanding of District and school COVID-19 guidelines and to ensure student safety. Please take a minute to review the document and discuss it as needed with your child.
It takes each of us doing our part to have a safe and successful school year.
The Rialto Unified School District opened its doors in August for traditional school to start the 2021-2022 school year. RUSD staff continues to work diligently to make our schools safe as we combat COVID-19. Please use this page as a resource. On this page, you will find our Reopening Plan, COVID-19 Guidelines for Student Safety, District protocol, and updates as Federal, State, local, and District guidelines are changed.
Reopening: Instructional & Operational Plan
The plan covers:
• Information on COVID-19 safety protocols
• Precautionary measures for schools
• Safety guidelines for students and staff
Please click here to read the latest update on masking in RUSD schools, effective Monday, March 21, 2022, when students and staff return from Spring Break.
Please click here to review our guide for when and how temporary closures due to COVID-19 within the Rialto Unified School District take place.
Please click here to view the COVID-19 Guidelines for Student Safety.
District Measures for COVID-19
As we return to school, the Rialto Unified School District will continue to regard the health and safety of our students, teachers, and staff as our highest priority. Safety measures include:
- Increased quality of filters in HVAC system (from MERV 8 to MERV 13 — hospital grade)
- Air purifiers are provided in each classroom and main office.
- Frequent disinfecting of workstations and high traffic areas
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) available for students and staff: masks, face shields, hand sanitizer, disinfectant spray, and gloves.