Reopening Plan, Fall 2021-2022
RUSD welcomes back students for Fall 2021
The Rialto Unified School District opened its doors on Monday, August 9, 2021, for traditional school to start the 2021-2022 school year! RUSD staff continues to work diligently to make our schools safe as we combat COVID-19. Please use this page as a resource. Here you will find our Reopening Plan, COVID-19 Guidelines for Student Safety, District protocol, and updates as Federal, State, local, and District guidelines are changed.
Reopening: Instructional & Operational Plan
The plan covers:
• Information on COVID-19 safety protocols
• Precautionary measures for schools
• Safety guidelines for students and staff
COVID-19 Guidelines for Student Safety
Please click here to view the COVID-19 Guidelines for Student Safety. The intent of this document is to provide you with a better understanding of District and school COVID-19 guidelines and to ensure student safety. Please take a minute to review the document and discuss it as needed with your child.
It takes each of us doing our part to have a safe and successful school year.
Please view our Fall 2021-2022 Reopening Video below for more information on our plan for a safe reopening.
Please click here to view the COVID-19 Guidelines for Student Safety.
District Measures for COVID-19
As we return to school, the Rialto Unified School District will continue to regard the health and safety of our students, teachers, and staff as our highest priory. Safety measures include:
- All staff, students, and visitors on campus must wear a face covering in order to enter the school site facilities unless wearing a face-covering poses a health risk to that individual.
- Classrooms are configured for up to 3 feet of distance for student desks and 6 feet of distance for teacher desks, when possible.
- Increased quality of filters in HVAC system (from MERV 8 to MERV 13 — hospital grade)
- Air purifiers are provided in each classroom and main office.
- Visitors will be limited to the front office for business needs or for meetings that are determined to be held in person and must follow District protocols.
- Frequent disinfecting of workstations and high traffic areas
- Temperature checks for all staff and students prior to entry through the use of handheld thermometers and scanners.
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) available for students and staff: masks, face shields, hand sanitizer, disinfectant spray, and gloves.
- Portable handwashing stations available to promote frequent hand washing