Neighborhood Schools Update
Maintaining Safety, Student Achievement & Career Preparedness in Our Local Schools
As we prepare to re-open schools in the fall during these unique and challenging times, it is critical that we maintain excellence in education while ensuring the health, security, and safety of students, teachers, staff, and their families. It is clear we must ensure all students have access to instructional technology and a competitive 21st century education to promote a strong educational and career foundation in a safe learning environment in every school.
It’s important we continue to work with the community to address these needs. In recent community outreach, we’ve heard from residents about their priorities for local schools moving forward.
- Retaining and attracting quality teachers
- Providing safe drinking water for students
- Removing asbestos, lead paint, and mold and repairing leaky roofs
- Improving accessibility for disabled students
- Upgrading schools to prepare students for high school, college, and careers
- Improving student access to instruction in science, technology, engineering, and math quality
This feedback is invaluable to our planning. We urge residents to continue telling us their feedback (Google Forms)
Q: WHAT SCHOOL PRIORITIES HAS THE COMMUNITY IDENTIFIED SO FAR?
Q: HOW CAN WE IMPROVE HEALTH AND SAFETY IN OUR LOCAL SCHOOLS?
Q: HOW DO WE MAINTAIN QUALITY EDUCATION AND CAREER PREPARATION IN ALL OUR NEIGHBORHOOD SCHOOLS?