2023-24 DELAC MEETING DATES
Chavez/Huerta Center for Education
324 N. Palm Ave
9:00am - 11:00am
September 8, 2023
November 3, 2023
January 19, 2024
February 9, 2024
April 12, 2024
May 17, 2024
JANUARY 13, 2023
KARINA VERDUGO (HENRY ES)
MAREL LAZCANO (WERNER ES)
SONIA RODRIGUEZ (SIMPSON ES)
What is DELAC?
It is a parent-led committee comprised of English Learner (EL) parents and community members whose task is to provide recommendations to school and district officials in regard to programs and services provided to EL students. DELAC is the official voice of our 5,500 EL families.Composition Requirements of DELAC in the Rialto Unified School District
Parents or guardians of English learners not employed by the district make up the voting members of DELAC.
ElectionsEach site's English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC) must have the opportunity to elect at least one representative and one alternate member to the DELAC.
TasksThe committee advises the Board of Education on the following:
- Development or revision of a plan of education for programs and services for English learners.
- Establishment of district programs, goals and objectives for programs and services for English learners.
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with any applicable teacher and instructional aide requirements.
- Review and input on the district’s reclassification procedures.
- Review and input on written notifications required to be disseminated to families
The district shall provide for all DELAC members:
- Appropriate training and materials to assist each member to carry out his or her legally required advisory responsibilities.
- Training which is planned in full consultation with DELAC members.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive an invitation to attend our virtual DELAC meeting. All are welcome. Meetings are held in Spanish with English translation.
DELAC - April 14, 2023