The Rialto Unified School District now offers a dual language immersion program at several schools. Dual Language is a form of education in which students learn content and develop literacy in two languages. Research shows that learning a second language at a young age can benefit students in many ways. Come and be part of one of our four informational meetings!
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT RUSD’S LANGUAGE ASSESSMENT CENTER: (909) 873-4304
Interested? We are now offering a dual language program at Bemis, Boyd, Curtis, Dunn, Garcia, Kelley, Morris, Trapp, and Werner. Please attend one of the following virtual informational meetings:
Meeting # 1
Date:Tuesday, December 15, 2020
Meeting # 2
Date:Thursday, January 21, 2021
Meeting # 3
Date:Wednesday, February 3, 2021
English: 5:00-6:00 p.m.
Date:Tuesday, April 6, 2021
Spanish: 10:00-11:00 a.m.
English 5:00-6:00 p.m.
What is the Dual Language Immersion Program?
The dual language immersion program is a form of education in which students learn content and develop literacy in two languages. The Dual Language Immersion Program in the Rialto Unified School District will provide instruction in English and Spanish.
Who can be a part of Dual Language?
* Students who begin Kindergarten in August 2021
* Native English speakers, native Spanish speakers or bilingual students
* Kindergarten enrollees from all areas of the Rialto Unified School District
What are the benefits of the Dual Language Immersion Program?
Current research shows that learning a second language can benefit students in the following ways:
* Accelerate academic success
* Enhance communication skills
* Develop an appreciation for diversity
* Gain future personal benefits such as enhanced career, business, and travel opportunities